HOW TO “KILL SCABIES” DIRECTIONS HANDOUT
Print this blog out as a handout for you OR to give to other people you may suspect of being infected by Scabies. It is your responsibility to inform other people, especially if you infect them, as most doctors will mis-diagnose them anyway. If you’re here, you know… and you can help them. If they complain of itching, just give them this handout.
Stop it before it spreads. I would also recommend printing this handout as well, which is also a great article “how to” on Wiki. http://www.wikihow.com/Cure-Scabies
This lady here goes over treating Collembolla (Good info for either mite): http://www.stopskinmites.com/treatments-overview
Please leave comments below with suggestions for making this list better!! I’m looking forward to updating this list until it is foolproof and easily accessible to ALL who need it.
One very important note from the author: Find out which mite it is that you have; Scabies, Collembola, etc… know your symptoms & research!! These 2 above are both microscopic (invisible), but there’s a lot more out there! Some doctors will try to convince you that 90% of all cases are an allergy, not mites. A lot of times, this is the case, but intelligent people know the difference. Buying a “microscope that scans to a laptop” and doing the scraping yourself is one way to get a definitive answer. My Dad got a scraping from the doctor that revealed nothing, probably incompetent doctors or lab techs, who knows, but both of us can see the mites in our eyes when we look out at a bright cloudy sky. We see them swimming around in our eyes!! Something about the lens of the eye acting similar to a microscope. They say Scabies doesn’t go over the neck, so we are more likely to have a different mite. I’m buying a microscope soon to finally get a picture on my laptop of this bug. But the treatments shouldn’t differ much. Just food for thought.
By Scott Brogan (collectively with the advice & stories of many cured people & many scabies sufferers) Updated 2/5/2013
I don’t work for some company. I make NO money giving you this information. I’m doing this because I want to help people, using the knowledge that I have attained, through personal experience, research & trial and error and also with the help of other people that suffer through this horrible ordeal. It’s not just the fact that you have it, but you give it to other people, that otherwise were free of it including adults and CHILDREN! Some jerk gave you scabies and now you’re the jerk lol. At the time I’m writing this, I’ve had it for 9 years. I thought it was called the seven year itch!! haha. I think there are different versions of these bugs (example: Norwegian Scabies). I don’t see how anyone could cure the ones that I have. These little pest are incredibly hard to kill, easily re-distributable & multiply quickly. For all others: “Treatment of All the family members and washing all the clothes used in hot water and sun drying is key to success of treatment..”
Don’t go to the doctor, you’ll just waste your money. Both a doctor and myself can tell you how to get rid of it, but the fact is, you are not going to be a hermit are you? No, you’re going to make human contact, pet your animals, go to work, etc.. and you’re going to get it back from the very people you hang out with. Knowing the tips and tricks will help you to keep it under control. Informing other people of the disease will alert them to the facts, but will also point the blame to you unfortunately. As you can see, I don’t really care who knows about mine. I live life and I do what I do. I do try and take medicated baths before I go out to areas with large amounts of people though. One important note is that, I haven’t been able to cure my eyes yet. I can cure my body, but not my eyes. Still working on that.
IMPORTANT: Don’t ever touch your eyes again EVER. Hopefully it’s not too late. Keep disposable baby wipes handy or those girly makeup remover sheets and use those if your eyes itch, especially during sleep time. “Refresh Tears” eye drops help the itching, but they don’t cure anything.
IMPORTANT: Another thing to have handy is a hydrogen peroxide spray bottle. If you have to itch your body, spray it with HP first, then itch. I would also recommend adding a strong sulfur product to your spray bottle or anything else listed below that is suitable for the eyes. Keep your “hand-to-body” contact sanitary. Make it second nature. NEVER itch unless you spray it first.
IMPORTANT: If you’re having a really bad night and can’t sleep with the itching, get out of bed and take a tea tree bath. I don’t care what time it is, you’ll thank me later… you’re welcome ;)
IMPORTANT: Remember this one basic fact. These mites like a hot and wet atmosphere. That’s when they’re the most active. Take extra precaution during these times (extra treatment, extra baths)
Anyway, this is my routine, shopping list & instructions:
STEP ONE – Preperation
1. Be prepared to treat ALL people in house & ALL furniture & ALL Clothing and surfaces. (Buying furniture that is non-pourous like leather would be ideal) All items needed are available at Amazon.com. Going to work? Make sure to take a spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide.
2. Separate your house into 2 areas: Things treated=SAFE & Things not treated=INFECTED
This will be your routine from now on. Even your closet should be divided.
3. Purchase SLEEP SAFE BED BUG, ALLERGEN PROOF “QUEEN 12″” Mattress ZipCover
4. Purchase Nature’s Eradicator Enzymes THE BIG ONE. (OPTIONAL but helpful)
5. Purchase LOTS of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate / K2So4)
6. For PETS in household: Purchase Lime / Sulfur DIP (Optional) or just get a good non toxic dog shampoo and use your treated bath water after you’re done bathing. (Don’t share bath water with other people though, obviously)
7. Children: Use the same non-toxic homeopathic remedies that you use. They’re gentle.
8. Purchase a weeks worth of cheap, comfortable, thin pair of sleeping clothes & slippers which you will rotate while the other ones are washing & sitting out for a few days. 7 full sets is ideal. I recommend nylon like running / basketball clothes. It’s airy and doesn’t absorb water.
These are your safe clothes and are not to touch anything else but your skin & your clean bed.
9. Purchase Povidone-Iodine 10% Solution (If your eyes are infected) and sterile cotton swabs for application (OPTIONAL) (Don’t get this in your eyes!!! Apply only to top of eyelids with no dripping, see below!!) (This is a suggestion of another person, still waiting to try this myself)
10. Purchase Soft ‘N Style Fine Mist Spray Bottle 8 oz. (Pack of 6)
11. Cover bed with Mattress Zipcover (make sure there are no holes or rips in fabric or near zipper)
12. Wash your sheets, pillow cases and Comforter with Kleen Free if you have it, normal if you don’t. Large heavy comforters are like Mite Hotels… wash this HEAVILY with Kleen Free & dry outside. I solved this problem. I have a satin comforter with synthetic filling, which seems to work much better. (leave these in the washer / dryer until you’re done with your bath)
Wash your bedding as often as possible from now on.
13. Clean your house with chemicals and vacuum. Clean your whole house on a regular basis from here on out. Not like a madman just keep it clean.
STEP TWO – Bodies
Make a hot bath. Add your ingredients. (You’ll figure out the amounts once you get started) Drip dry (no towel). I rotate these ingredients depending on what I have on hand. The only 2 that remain the same are tea tree oil & sulfur. These are a must. High quality pure (melaleuca alternifolia) tea tree oil. (Beware WFMed on Ebay selling supposed uncut tea tree, it’s chemicals) If you don’t have much money, just use tea tree oil & epsom salts. Puritans Pride & Vitacost sell quality Tea Tree at a reasonable price. Epsom salts can be bought in large quantity for really cheap at pretty much every store.
Essential Oils: Tea Tree, Neem, Eucalyptus spp, Rosemary, Clove, Karanja, Lavender, Peppermint
All of these can be seasonally grown yourself and distilled using an essential oil steam distiller if you have the time, interest & money. Any questions about this just ask :)
Carrier Oils: (to help the other oils penetrate the skin): Equal parts of fractionated coconut oil and olive oil. Extra virgin works fine, or you could get the medical grade.
Enzymes: Kleen Free or Nature’s Eradicator. I need to verify the ingredients in Nature’s Eradicator to make sure these are just enzymes like Kleen Free, but it seems ok FYI. If using these, make sure to use the enzymes first, before oils. (Enzyme bath early in the day, then an oil bath later) (This is a bit expensive. I stopped using it, but it is great stuff)
Boric Acid: boiled down I heard works for the eyes. My grandma used it like that and so does my mom. Be sparing with this, but you could boil quite a bit and then put it in the bath with you.
Sulfur: Sulfur products galore… sulfur soap, sulfur pills for internal, Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate), Potassium Sulfate (K2S04 and sulfur of potash are the same thing) for baths because it’s water soluble. Sulfur lotion, creams & lotions for when you’re out on the go.
NOTE: Enzymes and Oils work Symbiotically. However, there are many other things that can take the place of enzymes, i’m just just using enzymes in this case for instruction.. Use the Enzymes first, then the oils. I’ve heard of Nature’s Eradicator, which is the cousin to Kleen Free, but never tried it. People seem to love it though. Using the enzymes aid the oils absorb into your skin & also work great to get rid of scabies
1. Enzyme Bath & Enzyme body spray (just search Amazon for Enzyme scabies spray or bath)
*Kills any living scabies mites and eggs on skin surface & any scabies larvae emerging to skin surface.
2. Hot Oil Bath & Oil based skin treatment (Usually consists of these oils: Neem, tea tree, karanja, eucalyptus, peppermint, rosemary, lavender and possibly others)
*Penetrates the skins deep layers to kill any burrowing scabies mites laying their eggs under the skin.
Other (I haven’t tried these, but they are highly recommended):
- Peruvian Balsam (Balsamum peruvianum) - (from Toluifera pereirae): topically for 3 days, as long as there is no skin reaction. Also known as Balsam of Peru, this resin extracted from incisions in the bark of the Peruvian Balsam tree is an antiseptic that combats bacteria, promotes wound healing, and kills parasites, especially scabies.
- Melaleuca cajuputi - (oil): apply topically. A highly stimulating volatile inflammable oil, distilled from the leaves of an East Indian tree
- Phytolacca decandra (Toxic) – Obviously, take in very small doses & do your research. Phytolacca Decandra, also known as poke or poke weed, has dark purple, flattened berries. Phytolacca grows wild where the ground has been disturbed such as bulldozing sites, construction sites, and around homes or abandoned landscapes. The entire plant has medicinal properties. The berries are used to make juices, the leaves can be mashed into poultices, and the root, which is the most diverse portion of the plant, can be used to make teas, tonics and tinctures.
- Nicotine – DO YOUR RESEARCH. This can kill you. We’re talking really small amounts. Points to remember first: Nicotine is 100% soluble in water. Nicotine is easily absorbed through the skin; this is how nicotine patches work. Nicotine effects different people differently. DO NOT!!! use nicotine insecticide (from off the shelf) on your body. It will kill you (for certain). And don’t drink it!!!
- Repeat once or twice daily for bad infections, and daily to every other day thereafter.
- For people with really heavy infections, ivermectin 200 mcg/kg by wt /tablets or see the doctor.
- Itchy eyes too… I might consult a doctor for this one. Other options:
Not verified by me, but may be needed for heavier infections: Apply Povidone-Iodine 10% Solution TO EYELIDS with sterile cotton pads. Be EXTREMELY careful not to get IN your eyes, Apply to the top of your eyelids lightly, so as not to drip at all, it’s possible to go blind if you get this in your eyes.
PETS: Scabies can survive on animals and pass back n forth from animals to humans. Other people may disagree, but I have 8+ years of first hand experience.
Note: Do not apply Permethrin to Cats!!!
CATS: Nature’s Eradicator Enzymes, Lime / Sulfur DIP or non-toxic shampoo for cats – Get the big one, because you need to do this a lot.
DOGS: Nature’s Eradicator Enzymes, Lime / Sulfur DIP or non-toxic shampoo for dogs – Get the big one, because you need to do this a lot.
STEP THREE – And keep ‘em off!!!
1. REMEMBER NOT TO put items back together with NON-SAFE items. Just like that Offpring song, you gotta keep em separated!!!
2. For OCD people, Spray your hands constantly with Hydrogen Peroxide or Enzymes until there is NO more evidence of scabies. Become best friends with a Spray bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide or Nature’s Eradicator Enzymes or a mixture of other ingredients.
3. If you become re-infected, repeat process. It takes about a week for scabies to produce MILLIONS more on your body. Most people agree that the adults and the eggs can’t survive for more than 48 hours without a host. Others will tell you that they can last longer on old jackets and clothes. Precaution… wash it before you wear it or even touch it… Take a bath once a day and never wear clothes more than once and then toss them in the infected hamper. Treat infected items as such. Doctor hands.
OTHER NOTES ON HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES
Sulfur (6 – 10% in lotion or cream)(or just buy a 10 lb bag of pure sulfur and use it sparingly in your baths) used since Roman times as a scabicide, but you might be allergic. Sulfur Soap for showering is also a great way to apply.
[SAFE FOR CHILDREN] - Try a sauna and/or try bathing, washing or soaking in diluted Lice R Gone® Shampoo by Safe Solutions, Enzyme Cleaner with Peppermint, or sulfur cream or lotion and/or borax.
CLOTHING, CARPETS, FURNITURE & SURFACES
1. Diatomaceous Earth (Cracks the shell of a mite, dehydrates & kills them) If you have access to this at a reasonable price, it might be worth it, but I would say baths are enough.
“The Easy and Convenient TEA TREE Way”
1. Add 10-20 drops of premium-quality pure tea tree oil to a bathtub of warm water
2. Immerse your body in the warm, spicy water. Ensure infected areas are soaked. Avoid eyes and mouth.
3. After bathing, apply pure tea tree oil directly to infected areas. A cotton bud works best.
4. Repeat once or twice daily for 2-3 weeks or until the itch resolves
5. Washing linen and clothing, but the scabies mite cannot survive without a human contact.
To prevent scabies in the future, continue to add 5-10 drops of pure tea tree oil to your regular bath water.